Post-partum Exercise Class – ‘Restore’
Who: For any woman who has ever been pregnant!
Why: Physical problems can occur after pregnancy/delivery, including:
- Urinary incontinence
- Abdominal weakness/protrusion
- Pelvic, low back, and/or abdominal pain
- Pain with intercourse
- Organ prolapse
Often, these problems can be prevented with appropriate instruction. When problems occur, they can be treated with Physical Therapy or sometimes require medication and/or surgical procedures. We believe it is much better to prevent these problems than to treat them after they occur. In other words, we think we can save you time, money, and stress with our program!
When: Classes are currently being offered Tuesday mornings at 10am, other times may be available upon request.
- Initial visit with a Physical Therapist:
- Evaluation of abdominal and pelvic floor muscle strength*
- Low back, pelvis, hip examination, if indicated
- Initial instruction/Education:
- Pelvic floor and abdominal muscle activation
- Bladder Habits - Abnormal/normal
- Pilates exercise principles
- 1x/week Restore Pilates Class.
Questions? Ready to schedule? Call us at (804) 918-8515 or email Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org